Being a "stay-at-home" mom, my job description is often muddled. Having so many responsibilities makes the tasks of each day different and varied. I am trying to define myself and my duties a little bit more each day so I can give people a better idea of what it is I actually do. I will probably be writing more posts that include "part of my job description" in the title as I am able to pinpoint parts of my job that have the same title as other people's full time jobs.
Now, on to the description part. As the family accountant, it is my responsibility to pay the bills, put money in savings, record where all of our money goes, reconcile our accounts, and determine if and when we have the resources for large purchases. Twice a month I sit down and spend a concentrated amount of time doing this and try to keep our budget in mind as I make purchases the rest of the month. Yesterday, I sat down to pay the bills and balance the checkbook and I realized it was time to make some adjustments to our budget and bills to provide for a much needed, larger purchase. I am proud to say that after an hour's time and several phone calls (and several phone calls made last week) I was able to reduce some of our recurring bills by a total of $80. Just a small victory in trying to reevaluate our current expenses to help provide for something else.
I enjoy when my job calls for something beyond the normal routine. It helps me improve my problem solving skills and reach new goals. I also appreciate my husband's in-put on financial decisions and his confidence in me on how we spend the money he so generously provides through his full time job. I would have to say that today the "accountant" surpassed expectations in completing her job.
The Main Event
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment