Today was a work day at our house. An abundance of piles and messes had materialized throughout the week and needed to be taken care of. We must live in our house or something. As I was trying to determine where to start this morning, I contemplated making a "To Do" list so I could make sure I completed everything that needed to be done. The simple thought of doing this overwhelmed me, but then I was inspired to make a different kind of list. I called a "Reverse To Do List" which can almost be called the "Completion List." I made a list of almost everything we completed today with the end result being we accomplished a lot more than the "have-to"s in a shorter amount of time. Our list looked something like this:
- MICHAEL
- made breakfast
- bathed all three children
- fed the baby (3)
- washed the kitchen counters
- helped Benjamin tie his shoes
- re-made the children's beds
- cleaned up Bekah's accident
- went to the store to pick up stuff for an oil change
- vacuumed family room
- put the baby to sleep (2)
- warmed up lunch for all of us
- changed the oil in the Charger
- washed, dried, and folded 2 loads of laundry
- served dinner
- held, played with, and fed the baby so I could read
- put the children to bed
- served up ice cream for us
- watched a movie with our children
Benjamin and Bekah helped pick up and put things away while Mom an Dad were doing most of the chores. Benjamin also went to a birthday party and Bekah played "Mommy" while she watched a movie.
- CHARLYNN
- took Benjamin shopping for birthday present
- made our bed
- stripped the children's beds
- sorted laundry
- took out all of the trash (diapers, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen) and recycling
- brushed and styled Bekah's hair
- unloaded and loaded dishwasher
- cleaned and organized pantry and kitchen tables
- cleaned away cobwebs
- picked up family room
- reorganized bathroom shelves
- fed the baby (3)
- refilled bottles for feedings
- scrubbed bathroom baseboards
- washed bathroom sinks, toilets, mirrors, and floors
- washed, dried, and folded 4 loads of laundry
- read a book
- made dinner
- changed all of the clocks
- checked the church building to make sure everything was secure and changed all of the clocks
- made popcorn for kids
- watched a show with Michael
I think I will have to use the "Completion" list the next time I have a lot I need "to do."
1 comment:
My goodness, that made me tired just thinking about it all! :) I always like to think of what I've done instead of what I need to do. Makes me happier.
Post a Comment