06 March 2011

Sunday Walk Turns Into a Sunday Drive

When we woke up this morning, the skies were mostly clear so I told our sweet girl that maybe we could go for a walk later and possibly go to the park. I forgot to check the weather, something I rarely do anyway, and I did not expect to have light showers off and on all day. Unfortunately, we were not able to go for a walk today but we did decide to go for a drive.

First we drove to the temple and talked with the children about the importance of the temple and how we can be worthy to attend the temple. Then we drove up the canyon until the rain turned to snow at which point we turned around and headed back down the canyon. After that we drove around some neighborhoods at the mouth of the canyon and admired the architecture. During the drive we listened to a story about an orphan who had a special talent with horses called "Riding Freedom."

We had a wonderful drive and while I would have liked to take my family on a walk I truly enjoyed riding around with our little family and experiencing the beauty created by God's hands as well as the beauty created by men who were given talents and gifts from God. I love Sunday drives and sharing this time with my children. I am glad they were able to enjoy it too (I could tell because there was no whining, crying, fighting, etc. coming from the back seat).

No comments: