I did not say that "I do interruptions WELL," I just said I am "good at" interruptions. I constantly find myself being interrupted for one reason or another which leads to forgetting what I was just doing. To prove my point, I have been trying to update my blog since Monday and this is the first time I have made it to the "New Post" page without getting distracted by various interruptions. As I type the baby is fussing because he is tired or needs a diaper change, Benjamin is playing the Wii and needing positive reinforcement, and Bekah is coloring quietly instead of needing to talk to me.
I often wonder how I accomplish much of anything with the plethora of interruptions I experience every day. Somehow, the laundry gets done, meals are prepared, children bathed, house picked up, dishes done, bills paid, reading happens, naps are taken, and errands get ran even amidst the myriad of interruptions. I guess I am getting better at it interruptions than I give myself create for even though I still find them frustrating and distracting. Someday I will do interruptions "well." Today I will content myself with being "good at" interruptions.
The Main Event
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment