29 March 2011

Primary Teaches Me About the Scriptures

The theme in Primary this year is "The Scriptures are True." In our ward, the Primary leaders are encouraging the children to bring their scriptures to Primary. I didn't realize this until I subbed in Primary a couple of weeks ago.

When we came home from church that day I took the children downstairs where I had a stack of Book of Mormons I didn't know what to do with. I gave Benjamin and Bekah each their own Book of Mormon and found some small pouches I no longer had a specific purpose for to use as scripture covers. For Family Home Evening, we talked about how the scriptures are set up and read so verses from the scriptures about the story of Helaman's Stripling Warriors. Benjamin even read an entire verse out of Mosiah by himself.

I love that my children have the opportunity to attend Primary once a week and learn more about the scriptures from others who share our beliefs. I love when my children show excitement for things I have been trying to teach them in our home because they realize what we are teaching is important to someone else too. I love the scriptures and the knowledge we gain from reading and pondering them, and hope my children will continue to develop testimonies about the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments: