08 March 2011

Plumber is Part of My Job Description

As a Domestic Engineer I have a variety of titles that fall into my job description. For example, chauffer (taking the kids places out of necessity or for entertainment), tutor (I help Benjamin do his homework and read his books), accountant (I pay the bills, budget our money, and make most of our purchases), cook, laundress, janitor, and housekeeper to name a few. Occasionally, I come across something that does not fall into my "usual" jobs category. One day, a couple of weeks ago now, I took it upon myself to purchase a handy-dandy $3 drain unclogging tool. I spent about an hour unclogging our tub drain and removed all kinds of hair and gunk (no, I did not take pictures because that would be too gross) from our tub drain. Now we do not have to take foot baths at the same time we shower because the tub actually drains. Hopefully I won't have the exercise that talent, or my new tool, again anytime soon. I think I would rather stick using the plunger on clogged toliets when I have to play plumber next.

No comments: